Steven G. Storch
EXECUTIVE OFFICER, Co-Founding Principal
Steven G. Storch is an executive officer and co-founding principal of Storch Amini. A true trial lawyer, Steve has represented a wide range of clients in federal and state juries nationwide. As lead trial counsel, he has obtained significant jury verdicts and arbitration awards on both sides of the caption.
Steve’s complex commercial litigation practice is national in scope, and he represents clients, both as plaintiffs and defendants, in intellectual property, bankruptcy, and commercial real estate litigation. He also represents clients in business disputes involving allegation of professional malpractice against lawyers and accountants, breach of contract, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and tortious interference with business relations.
At Storch Amini, Steve has represented a diverse set of clients in arbitration and other alternative dispute resolution processes. He has appeared in federal and state courts across the country, and arbitration proceedings internationally. Steve has also successfully argued appeals in both the federal and state courts.
Additionally, Steve has represented businesses and individuals in cases under the federal securities laws, the Racketeer Influenced Corrupt Organizations Act, the Lanham Act, ERISA, the TCPA, and in actions involving allegations of accounting and financial fraud.
Steve’s practice includes confidential investigations on behalf of clients facing potential criminal and regulatory exposure, and complex white-collar crime defense matter. He has also acted as a court-appointed referee in complex commercial cases pending in the New York Courts.
During his career, Steve has successfully represented dozens of individuals on a pro bono basis with respect to denial of medical benefits for life threatening diseases. He is currently co-counsel, representing pro bono an incarcerated prisoner who had been held in solitary confinement for over 17-years on a claim of cruel and unusual punishment.
Steve has been named a top rated business litigation attorney in New York by Super Lawyers from 2007-2016. He has also received Martindale-Hubble’s highest AV rating from his peers. Steve received his J.D. from the University of Chicago, and is licensed to practice law in New York and Illinois.
- Obtained $56 million settlement for manufacturer of powder flavors in trade secrets action against one of the world’s leaving flavor and fragrance houses for misappropriating information concerning out client’s innovative spray drying process.
- Currently defending claw back claims brought by the trustee in the Madoff bankruptcy.
- Currently lead counsel representing a prominent international art dealer in an action over title to a valuable work of art by Willem de Kooning.
- Currently lead counsel representing plaintiffs in a state court action and arbitration involving the disappearance of millions of dollars of funds entrusted to defendants.
- Litigating and negotiating claims brought against restaurant owners for alleged violation of wages and higher laws.
- Currently handling action alleging claims of legal malpractice arising from defendant law firm’s representation in a patent infringement litigation.
- Obtained a $5.2 million jury verdict in a legal malpractice claim against a major national law firm.
- Obtained a $4.3 million jury verdict in an action involving the defendants’ failure to pay royalties on a computerized options trading program.
- Obtained an eight-figure jury verdict against all defendants for our client, a Hong Kong company that sourced goods in the Far East, in a complex fraudulent pre-billing scheme involving a factor, the wholesaler and a prominent New York accounting firm.
- Obtained a seven-figure arbitration award for our client, the former president of the U.S. division of an international bank, after a hearing before the American Arbitration Association’s International Centre for Dispute Resolution.
- Obtained an arbitration award in favor of our client, a nationally renowned plaintiff’s mass tort law firm, against solo practitioner who stole clients and fees due to our client. The award granted our client an accounting and a percentage of the proceeds of any joint venture cases going forward. The order confirming the award was affirmed on appeal.
- Obtained a jury verdicts dismissing all claims for millions of dollars brought against our client, a mortgage broker, for breach of contract and fiduciary duty.
- Obtained a favorable global settlement on behalf of a major New York real estate development company in a series of disputes relating to the management and control of a number of boutique hotels in New York, Miami, Los Angeles and London.
- Represent co-founder of a leading electronic trading firm in complex dispute involving litigation in both federal court and arbitration implicating corporate control and governance issues, charges of theft of trade secrets and tax issues.
- Served as court appointed class counsel on behalf of dozens of the nation’s leading plaintiffs’ law firms in a $600 million legal fee dispute, which was settled to our clients’ satisfaction.
- As counsel on behalf of public shareholders in two actions, one a class action and the other derivative, against a public company which had the exclusive rights to salvage from the wreck of the RMST Titanic, Steve negotiated a unique settlement which imposed a strict corporate governance plan on the corporation and which was comparable to the types of plans sought, and in some instances obtained, by states attorney generals in the United States.
- Represented a foreign bank on a multi-million dollar claims against a major investment banker relating to the sale of mortgage-backed securities.
- Successfully defended a claim of equity ownership in a $100+ million-dollar technology company.
- After obtaining a favorable decision in federal court in a venue provision, successfully negotiated a settlement of a copyright infringement suit involving games on Apple’s App and Google Play.
- Following litigation and extensive negotiation, facilitated the restructuring of a real estate financing transaction involving multiple state commercial properties.