At Storch Amini, we take cases others cannot. Over the years, we have brought professional malpractice or other claims against accountants, lawyers, directors and officers, and insurers when others, due to institutional and other conflicts, would not.
We have obtained substantial verdicts in accounting and legal malpractice cases, as well as aiding and abetting claims against other wrongdoers. Our team has successfully prosecuted a number of cases against corporate insiders, often in the bankruptcy context, who have harmed their companies, creditors, and investors.
Storch Amini also has brought and defended a wide variety of complex business tort cases across the country. We have prosecuted cases involving financial fraud, misrepresentation, breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty on behalf of banks, private equity firms, trustees in bankruptcy, companies, and shareholders. The firm also handles responses to subpoenas targeting professionals issued by governmental agencies and other third parties.
Our team is well-versed in the legal and institutional challenges presented by these cases. They require diligent investigation, deliberate pleading, and strategic knowledge of the pitfalls, legal and otherwise, inherent in bringing such claims to maximize recoveries for our clients.
Because of the breadth of our experience in this space, we have worked closely with seasoned experts in key areas, including accounting, legal ethics, financial transactions, real estate, banking practice, and damages. Over the years, we have tackled our clients’ challenging professional liability and business tort claims and gotten results.
Examples of our experience include:
- Obtained eight-figure fraud and negligence verdict, including punitive damages, against prominent New York accounting firm arising out of a complex fraudulent pre-billing scheme also involving a dress wholesaler and a factoring firm.
- Obtained seven-figure legal malpractice verdict against an international law firm.
- Obtained favorable settlement for client in legal malpractice action against international law firm.
- Successfully defended a nationally recognized plaintiffs’ mass tort law firm against highly publicized lawsuit alleging RICO, professional malpractice, and other business torts.
- Obtained an arbitration award in favor of our client, a nationally renowned plaintiffs’ mass tort law firm, against solo practitioner who stole clients and fees due to our client.
- Obtained global settlement on behalf of a bankruptcy trustee for claims against the former directors, officers and accounting and legal professionals of the debtor, a children’s clothing manufacturer, arising out of a scheme to defraud the debtor, its creditors and its lenders.
- Obtained global settlement on behalf of a bankruptcy trustee of a national telecommunications company against former directors and officers for accounting fraud.
- Obtained unique settlement involving strict corporate governance plan as class counsel for shareholders of the public company which had the exclusive rights to salvage from the wreck of the RMS Titanic.